Name: Emmanuel O. OGUNKOLA
Marital Status: Married
Current Positions: Professor
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan
- B. Sc. (Economics) Ibadan.
- M. Sc. (Economics) Ibadan
- Ph. D (Economics) Ibadan
SCHOLARSHIPS, FELLOWSHIPS AND PRIZES
- University of Ibadan, Postgraduate Scholarship (1988-1990)
- E. Olawale Ogunkola and A.S. Bankole (eds.) (2005), Nigeria’s Imperatives in the New World Trade Order, (Ibadan: Trade Policy Research and Training Programme (TPRTP) and The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)). pp 425
- Ogun, O., E. Olawale. Ogunkola and A.S. Bankole (eds.) (2005), Economic Policy and Analysis, (Ibadan: Trade Policy Research and Training Programme (TPRTP), pp. 295
- Ogun, O., E. Olawale. Ogunkola and A.S. Bankole, “Introduction and Overview”, Chapter 1, pp. 1-11
- E. Olawale Ogunkola, “Nigeria in the New World Trading System: Issues in Customs and Trade Administration”, Chapter 3, pp 25-43.
- Ogunkola, E. O. (2006), “Integrating West African Agriculture into the Global Trading System: Issues in Regional and Multilateral Trade Negotiations” in Adenikinju, A. and O. Olaniyan (eds.) Applied Macroeconomics and Economic Development: Essays in Honour of Professor Sam Oladapo Olofin, (Ibadan: Ibadan University Press). Chapter16. pp 305-344 (100%)
- E. Olawale Ogunkola (2005), “Liberalising Agricultural Trade: Africa in the World Trade Organisation (WTO)” in Abubakar Momoh (ed), Nigeria and the Neo-Liberal World Economic System. (Abuja: Friedrich Ebert Stiftung). Chapter 6, pp. 125-150
- Ogunkola, E. Olawale (2003), “Agriculture and the WTO: Economic Interest and Options for Nigeria”, Chapter 5 in Ingco, M. D., J. D. Nash and D. Njinkeu (eds.) Liberalizing Agricultural Trade: Issues and Options for Sub-Saharan Africa in the World Trade Organization (WTO), (Ibadan: Macmillan Nigeria Publishers Limited). Chapter 5. pp 137-182
- Ogunkola, E.O. (1996), “Social Institutions and Public Enterprise Reform in Nigeria,” in A. Ariyo, ed. Management of Economic Reform in Nigeria, (Ibadan: Ibadan University Press). Chapter 7, pp. 95-115.
- E.O. Ogunkola (2004), “The Multilateral Trading System and the Interest of the Poor” in CUTS Centre for International Trade, Economics and Environment: From Cancun to Sao Paulo; The Role of Civil Society in the International Trading System, pp. 105-111; Proceedings of Afro-Asian Civil Society Seminar, New Delhi, 13-15 April 2004.
- E. O. Ogunkola, (1995), “The Structure of Trade Flows in West Africa: Implications for Further Actions by ECOWAS”, in Nigeria Economic Society, External Trade and Economic Development in Nigeria Selected Papers for the 1995 Annual Conference, (Ibadan: Nigerian Economic Society), Chapter 19, pp 335-351.
- Adegoke I. Adeleke and E. Olawale Ogunkola, 2013. The Effects of Dropout Syndrome on Child and the Society. The Social Sciences, 8: 172-179.
- M. Adetunji Babatunde, Olugboyega A. Oyeranti, Abiodun S. Bankole, E. Olawale Ogunkola, (2012) "Exports trade, employment and poverty reduction in Nigeria", International Journal of Social Economics, Vol. 39 Iss: 11, pp.875 - 899
- Perry, G., O. Ogunkola, M. Olivera and B. Fowowe 2011. Oil and Institutions “Tale of two cities”: Nigeria and Colombia. GDN Working Paper Series. Working Paper Number 44 June (GDN: Global Development Network).
- Oyeranti, O. A., M. A. Babatunde and E. O. Ogunkola. 2011. “An Analysis of China-Nigeria investment relations” Journal of Chinese-Economic and Foreign Trade Studies (JCEFTS). Volume 4 Number 3.
- Ogunkola, E.O. 2010. Nigeria: From Customs Exceptions to a Regional Trade Policy. Grain de Sel Number 51: July-September. Also available in French as Le Nigeria, entre exception douaniere et politique commercial regionale, Inter-reseaux Development rural
- Oyeranti, O. A., M. A. Babatunde and E. O. Ogunkola, 2010 “The Impact of China- Africa Investment Relations: The Case of Nigeria”, Policy Brief Number 8: AERC Collaborative Research China-Africa Project.
- Ogunkola, E. O. and A. O. Adewuyi (2010). “The Future of Intra-regional trade in West Africa in the context of EPA negotiations”. A research Report Submitted to ENDA, Third World, Dakar, Senegal.
- Ogunkola, E. O. (2010). “Issues in the development of Nigerian agriculture”. Being a Country Issue Note (CIN) prepared for the Global Development Network (GDN), New Delhi, India and Presented at 11th GDN Conference in Prague, Czech Republic, January 14, 2010.
- Ogunkola, E.O., A.S. Bankole and A. Adewuyi (2006), “An Evaluation of the Impact of Nigeria’s Trade and Investment Policy Reforms”, African Journal of Economic Policy, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 81-118
- Ogunkola, E. Olawale and Afeikhena Jerome (2005) The Second Monetary Zone in West Africaand the Future of a Single monetary Zone in Sub-Saharan Africa, West African Journal of Monetary and Economic Integration. Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 23-39
- Ogunkola, E. Olawale (2004) “The Emerging World Trading System and Nigeria’s Trade and Economic Development Strategy, Ibadan Journal of Social Sciences. Vol. 2, No. 1. pp. 75-86.
- Oyejide, T.A. and E. Olawale Ogunkola (2004), Trade, Investment and Growth in Africa, Patterns, Trends and Puzzles, The Nigerian Journal of Economic and Social Studies Vol. 46, No. 2. pp 125-145.
- Ogunkola, E. Olawale and T. Ademola Oyejide (2001), “Market Access for Nigeria’s Exports in the European Union: An Assessment of the Impact of the Lome Convention and the Uruguay Round” Nigerian Journal of Economic and Social Studies Vol. 43 No. 1, pp. 15-45
- Ogunkola, E. Olawale. (2000), “Policy Modeling of Regional Integration in Less Developed Countries: The Case of ECOWAS”, Research for Development. Vol. 15, Nos. 1 and 2, pp. 44-67
- Ogunkola, E. Olawale. (1998), “Ibadan School of Economics” Quarterly Review of Politics, Economics and Society, Vol. 1 No. 3. pp. 74-83.
- Ogunkola, E. Olawale. (1997), “The Impact of ECOWAS on the Intra-Regional Trade Flows in West Africa: An Empirical Analysis”, Nigerian Journal of Economic and Social Studies, Vol. 39, No. 1. pp. 1-17.
- Ogunkola, E. Olawale (1997) “Macroeconomic Data for Policy Modeling in Africa,” African Journal of Economic Policy, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 127-142.
- Soyibo A. and E. Olawale Ogunkola (1996), “Savings Banks in Africa: Performance and Strategies for Improvement”, African Review of Money, Finance and Banking, Supplementary Issue of Savings and Development. Vols. 1-2, pp. 29-49.
- Ogunkola, E. Olawale (1996), “The Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry: A Production Function Approach”, OPEC Review, Vol. XX. No. 4 pp. 263-274.
- Ogunkola, E.O. (1995) “The Revised Treaty of ECOWAS: A New Wine in An Old Skin?”, African Journal of Economic Policy, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 23-45.
- Sobodu, O.O., E.O Ogunkola and M.S. Etukudo, (1991) “On the Structure and Management of Merchant Banks Deposit Liabilities in Nigeria” Nigerian Financial Review. Vol.3. No. 4, pp. 7-17
- Oshunkunle, B. A., S. A. Tella and E. O. Ogunkola (forthcoming), “International Payments System in ECOWAS, The Case of Nigeria,” Canadian Journal of Development Studies
- Ogunkola, E. O. (forthcoming) “Some Issues in Trade, Environment and Sustainable Development: The Case of African Agriculture”, Review of Southern African Studies
- Ogunkola, E. Olawale (2002). Training, Technology and Productivity of Nigerian Manufacturing Firms (Nairobi: African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)). African Economic Research Consortium Research Paper No. 147. pp. 95
- Ogunkola, E.O. (1998). An Empirical Evaluation of Trade Potential in the Economic CommunityWest African States, (Nairobi: African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)). African Economic Research Consortium Research Paper No. 84. pp. 36