Professor Ifeanyi P. Onyeonoru holds a PhD in Industrial Sociology from the University of Ibadan. He was:
- the Deputy Sub-dean, Faculty of the Social Science, University of Ibadan 2007-2009;
- the National Secretary, Nigerian Anthropological and Sociological Practitioners Association (NASA) 2007-2009;
- the Director, Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Ibadan 2009-2014;
- the National President of the Nigerian Anthropological and Sociological Practitioners Association (NASA) 2012-2016 and,
- Dean, College of Business and Social Sciences, Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Nigeria, 2016-2017
Professor Onyeonoru was:
- British Council Visiting Scholar at the University of Ulster, in the INCORE, in 2003 and
- Visiting Lecturer, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa, July 30 – October 30, 2004.
- He has been an external examiner to various universities for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Nigeria and abroad, including examination of doctoral thesis at the Departments of Sociology, University of the Western Cape, South Africa, 2015 and University of South Africa, (UNISA) in 2017.
- Professor Onyeonoru has been a consultant to several national and international organizations including the Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity, Nigeria, International Labour Organization (ILO), the World Health Organization (WHO), the European Commission, the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) and Fredrich Elbert Stifund. He has produced 18 Ph.Ds, 15 of whom are academic staff in Nigerian universities.
He is a member of several professional bodies including the Centre for Research on Inequality, Human Security and Ethnicity (CRISE), University of Oxford. He is currently, the Chair, Industrial Sociology Unit and the Head of the Department of Sociology, University of Ibadan. He has more than fifty scholarly publications in reputable local and international outlets.
Email: [email protected]