Lecturer, Criminology, Deviance and Social Problems
ND Mass Communication (The Polytechnic Ibadan), B.Sc, M.Sc, PhD (University of Ibadan)
Dr Oludayo Tade bagged his Doctor of Philosophy in the department of Sociology University of Ibadan. He specializes in social problems, victimology and criminology. Dr Tade is also a media expert. His experience spans over a decade in reporting in the southwestern part of Nigeria. A number of his scholarly publications on cybercrime, victimology, piracy, child trafficking, family issues, transactional sex/prostitution, and juvenile delinquency, among others have appeared in learned international journals such International Review of Victimology (IRV), African Security Review (ASR), Journal of Payments Systems and Strategies (JPSS), Journal of Asian and African Studies (JAAS), Journal of Financial Crime (JFC), International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology (IJOTCC) to mention but a few. Dr Tade is an Associate member of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) and member, Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ). He is also a member Nigerian Anthropological and Sociological Association (NASA). He is a fellow of the Institute for Money, Technology and Financial Inclusion at the University of California, Irvine, USA and the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA), Dakar. He has won several travel and research grants and is widely travelled. He was the Principal Investigator of "Dimensions of electronic fraud and governance of trust in Nigeria's ecosystem" funded by the Institute for Money, Technology and Financial Inclusion (IMTFI), University of California, Irvine.
Crime, Media Studies, Child Labour, Child Trafficking, Family studies, Transactional sex, and Cybercrime
Department of Sociology, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FELLOWSHIPS
2013 – Institute for Money, Technology & Financial Inclusion (IMFTI) award/research grant on ‘Automated Teller Machine Fraud in Southwest Nigeria: The Shoe Wearer’s Perspective’, University of California, Irvine, USA.
2008-2010 Post Graduate School Scholar Award of the University of Ibadan.
ARTICLES PUBLISHED IN LEARNED JOURNALS
- Tade, O (2010). Dynastic Struggle and the Peoples Democratic Party in Post-Adedibu Era in Oyo state, Nigeria. Ibadan Journal of the Social Sciences
- Tade O and Aderinto A.A (2011). Socio-demographic Predictors of Domestic Outsourcing among Working Women in Ibadan, Nigeria. African Journal for the Psychological Studies of Social Issues. Vol 14 (1&2):371-388
- Tade, O and I, Aliyu (2011). Social Organisation of Internet Fraud among University Undergraduates in Nigeria. International Journal of Cyber Criminology. Vol 5(2):860-875
- Tade O and Okwara N. Christopher (2012). Management of Economic Recession in a Non-Banking Sector in Lagos, Nigeria. The Social Sciences 7(1) 44-55.
- Tade . O and Adekoya A. J (2012). “Transactional sex and the ‘Aristo’ phenomenon in Nigeria Universities. Human Affairs Vol 22 (2):239-55
- Tade O and Aderinto A.A (2012). Factors Influencing Demand for Domestic Servants in Oyo State, Nigeria. International Journal of Child, Youth and Family Studies Vol 4(1): 521-545.
- Tade, O and Akinleye, B (2012). ‘We are Promoters not Pirates’: Perspectives of Artistes and Pirates on Music Piracy in Nigeria. International Journal of Cybercriminology Vol 6 (2): 1014–1029.
BOOKS AND CHAPTERS IN BOOKS:
(1).Tade, O and Aderinto, A.A (2012). Peoples and Culture of Nigeria in a Globalised World: Are there truly Unique Nigerian Peoples and Culture? In A.S Jegede, O.A Olutayo,O.O.Omololu and B.E. Owumi (eds) Peoples and Cultures of Nigeria pp 374-384. Department of Sociology, University of Ibadan.
(2). Aderinto, A.A and Tade, O (2012) Culture, Deviance and Social Control inNigeria. In A.S Jegede, O.A Olutayo, O.O.Omololu and B.E. Owumi (eds) Peoples and Cultures of Nigeria pp 345-356. Department of Sociology, University of Ibadan. Samlad Press
SOME CONFERENCES ATTENDED AND PAPERS PRESENTED
- Nigerian Sociological and Anthropological Association (NASA) National conference held at the University of Ilorin tagged: ‘Social Dimension of Nigeria Democratising Process’
Paper Read: Recruitment Process and Child Trafficking into Domestic use in Ibadan, Nigeria
- Workshop on Grant Proposal Writing held at the University of Ibadan. 2010
Paper Read: None
- Towards 2011 Elections: Effective Use of the Internet for Today’s Journalists Organised by United States Mission to Nigeria 2010
Paper Read: None
- Workshop for Journalists on President Yar’Adua 7-point agenda and Maritime Industry 2009
Paper Read: None
- Training and Development Workshop for Early Career Researchers in West Africa, organised by the British Council, Accra, Ghana (23rd-24th, 2012).
Paper Read: None
- The ASAUK Writing Workshop, University of Ghana, Legon (25th-26th April, 2012).
- Paper Read: None
- International Conference on the 30th Anniversary of the Africa Charter on Human and People’s Rights held at the University of South-Africa, Pretoria (5th-7th November, 2012).
Paper Read: Explaining adherence to human and Peoples Rights under Military and Democracy in Nigeria
ON-GOING RESEARCH PROJECT
Principal Investigator, ‘Automated Teller Machine Fraud in Southwest Nigeria: The Shoe Wearer’s Perspectives’ of the Institute for Money, Technology & Financial Inclusion (IMFTI), University of California, Irvine (2013-2014).